Apr 28, 2005

Smoke and Mirrors

AshLee's Priest River Spartan girls won their third league track meet yesterday. They are undefeated in league and placed second at two big invitationals and I don't know how they are doing it with only nine girls. Their coach has become a master magician, craftily shifting the girls among the different events to maximize points. Mom tried to take a picture of Ash winning the 200, but Ash was too fast for the camera and Mom caught only the tail end of her shadow. Kudos to all the athletes from Timberlake, who came out and competed well after the shock of losing a teammate to suicide earlier this week.

On a quilty note, I finally quit my dithering and started sewing my piece for the 2nd Straight and Narrow challenge. It feels really good to once again have a little ziplock baggie of hand applique to pull out and work on when I have a free minute. It weighs a great deal less than all that angst I was carrying around...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm planning on doing the 2nd Straight and Narrow also. I *think* I joined the yahoo group, but I've received no emails about it. Have you?
Guess I'll cogittate about it whilst I finish up these 2 deadline pieces I have. I hate deadlines...