Oct 29, 2005

Best way to spend a beautiful fall Saturday


Now that it's Saturday and I don't have to go anywhere, I guess I should get around to posting pics from LAST Saturday. This picture is for Lisa from Musings of a Procrastinator Extraordinaire. This is the Husky Marching Band flag routine. They form a human flag pole. The flag carriers march slowly across the field from the base of the pole to the top (with the flag all folded up) while the rest of the band quietly plays America the Beautiful. When they get to the top, they slowly unfurl this huge flag. It gives me chills. Then they play the Star Spangled Banner. When they get to "and the rocket's red glare", they start waving the flag. By the end of the song the flag looks like it's rippling in the wind. A very cool part of the college football Saturday ritual. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, thanks! That is so cool! Wish I could see it in person :-)