May 1, 2005

Random thoughts on Sunday morning

So here I am reading blogs when I should be at church or working in the garden or quilting. Blogs are like potato chips - I tell myself I'll just read a few and 20 blogs later I have to force myself to walk away.

I've been feeling much better this week - the itchy restlessness seems to be on hiatus thanks to 2 changes I made this week. 1. I quit fussing about my quilting and just started doing the work - vast improvement. 2. I gave up the trashy novels AND I gave up reading 15 books at once. I spent the week reading Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver, thanks to Debra's recommendation. It was excellent and I think I enjoyed it all the more because I just sank into it every time I had a minute to read. No hopping around from book to book getting distracted and overwhelmed.

I was pleased and intrigued to get a comment from Drive By Commenter this week. It seems Drive By Commenter's sole purpose in blogdom is to randomly jump from blog to blog and leave comments. I know I love to get comments (hello and thank you to everyone who has commented!) and I've been trying to leave more comments on blogs I read. Drive By's idea is fun and I've been occasionally experimenting with hitting that "next blog" button to see where it takes me. Which brings me back to the potato chip issue that I started this post with. LOL!

5 comments:

Deb R said...

I had never heard of the Drive-By Commentator before! Very cool.

I love it when people leave comments too...so here is mine to let you know I'm reading. :-)

Deborah Boschert said...

Have you read The Poisonwood Bible by Kingsolver? Another great read. Different than Prodigal Summer -- better in many ways.

Debra said...

And I so didn't like Poisonwood Bible... infact prodigal summer is my alltime fave kingsolver book.

Debra said...

Do you realize that the comments here are from the Debs??? Like we're triplets or something...


WE'RE EVERYWHERE!! WE'RE EVERYWHERE!!

Nikki said...

LOL, I love the Debs, but I'm just starting to be able to keep track of which Deb is which! Prodigal Summer was my first Kingsolver, but I really liked it so I may try The Poisonwood Bible.