May 27, 2005

Ode to Summer

OK, my toenails are painted, summer can officially start now. (I also managed to paint a bit of my clothing...anyone have any good tips on removing nail polish from cotton?) We're actually going to have nice summer weather for Memorial Day weekend for a change, so I've really got summer on the brain.

I LOVE summer. Summer is the very best season and here, in no particular order, is why:

1. My birthday is in the summer. My birthday usually involves a week's worth of eating yummy food and getting presents. I love my birthday.

2. It's hot in the summer. I know hot is not most people's favorite weather, but you must understand that I am a skinny little girl with no insulation. I love hot. I soak it up and dream about it in the winter when it's snowing and I'm frozen and miserable.

3. It's colorful in the summer. Winter here is white and gray and brown. Summer is a delicious explosion of greens and pinks and reds and oranges and yellows with a spectacularly blue backdrop. I love color.

4. AshLee lives with us full-time in the summer. She eats me out of house and home and she has this thing about having the tv and the stereo and the computer and the clock radio all on at the same time, but she's so sweet and funny and I love the relaxed, just hanging out time we get to have in the summer.

5. Barbecue and fresh fruit and lemonade. Yummy.

6. I have way more energy in the summer. I'm not sure if it's the huge increase in sunlight or the fact that I'm not expending most of my energy trying to stay warm. Whatever, my eyes have been popping open at 5 a.m. the past 2 weeks, whereas in the winter it's all I can do to drag out of bed at 6:15.

7. I can go barefoot. Now I love a cute pair of shoes as much as any AQ blogger, but my feet just want to be free. They always have. I love barefoot.

Yay summer!

No comments: