Aug 4, 2005

Ugh, Bad Kitty!

Ohmigosh, my little Pistol cat just caught a hummingbird. First things first, the bird is ok. It was shaken up and rested on the porch for a few minutes, but then it zipped off to its hummingbird home.

Ugh! Yucky bad kitty!

Some background here: Pistol is an indoor cat. He goes outside with me in the morning in the summer while I water the plants. He likes to eat the cheatgrass. Never having known anything else, and being terrified of the neighbors, he's fine with this plan. He's happy to trot back into the house after 15 minutes.

OK, yeah, I know, he's a natural predator, it's his instinct to hunt, blah blah blah. Please, no lectures. I understand all that stuff, but I don't have to like it. I like the part where he's my sweet little cuddlebug who comes up and gently taps me on the shoulder when it's time to go outside to water the plants. Ha! Not bloody likely buddy!

No comments: