Aug 9, 2005

Greenday made me do it

Ok, I pretty much never rant about politics outside the confines of my family, but AshLee and I have been listening to a lot of Greenday lately and I just have to give props to the fellas for "I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies" from their current hit "Holiday". Yes, that's exactly how I feel about our current government.

But what makes me even more crazy is where our priorities as a society are. It wasn't that long ago that we had a national obsession about a blow job, but now nobody gives a rip that someone in the White House committed treason for political gain?

Oh, and don't give me any of that crap about it being "unpatriotic" to criticize our government. Ever read the Declaration of Independence? I have. It's a big long list of complaints about our government from back in the day when King George III was the boss of us. If it was really unpatriotic to complain, then all us "patriotic" Americans would still be loyal British citizens.

It's the history major stuck inside me. Every once in a while she busts out and rants a bit about the general ignorance of history in this country. I'll go chase her down and we can return to our regular quilty bloginess.

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

Yeah!!! Thanks for joining the political ranting qulters brigade!!

Diane Perin said...

Yeah! Yeah! I agree totally.

Karoda said...

It totally baffles me in every possible way! Where are the special prosecutors when we really really need one?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Isn't that Green Day cd just the best! The whole thing rocks and the words are sooooo good too. We've had lots of good political discussions around here because of it.
Oh and I totally agree with what you said re: the current political situation. Clinton lied, no one died. Bush lied, 100,000+ died sums it up for me.