Jul 14, 2010

I've got skillz


I spent a wonderful weekend in Tacoma at the Puget Sound Bead Festival with my mom and Aunt Susie. In addition to a ton of fabulous shopping, I took two classes and greatly expanded my jewelry making skills. I learned to solder with Stephen James and I learned mad metalworking skills from Linda Larsen. Hammering and torching and sawing, oh my! The pic above is the wearable journal pendant I made in Linda's class. Both classes were SOOOOO much fun. Now I have to buy a torch!

3 comments:

celeste said...

looks lovely...more photos please :)
inside. and photos of your purchases.

when are you moving into your home?

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

A torch! You are braver with fire than I am.

Kerri said...

i just bought a torch a few weeks ago and altho i was a little afraid of it at first, i'm much better now and i love watching the process of the metal clay turning to silver! have fun! :) i love you journal pendant!!!