Nov 26, 2006

Quilt blocks



I picked up one of those sampler packs of 5" squares at a quilt shop in Boise last spring. It didn't take me too long to figure out that I wanted a bigger quilt from these fabrics than I could get with 40 5" squares. A few weeks ago I finally decided to sew the little squares onto bigger squares of muslin with perle cotton, so I've been sewing these little quilt blocks while I watch the backlog of Simply Quilts on the DVR. I have some 2.5" strips from the same fabric line that will make a nice border. It's nice to have something to just sew without too much thinking...

2 comments:

dee said...

I love what you're doing with these-I bought the same bunch and posted what I did on 11-09 Come and visit when you get a chance-your work is spectacular

Elle said...

Ooooo...what a great idea. I have a baggie of those small squares too! Maybe I'll try it too!