May 22, 2006

Ultimate Bliss for May

I love the monthly Bliss Lists that Deb at Red Shoe Ramblings posts. And I always think "oh, I'm gonna post a list!". And obviously I never get around to it. But this month is different because I had several moments of ultimate bliss Friday night. So here it is, not a whole list, just one of my favoritest, bestest things ever:

1. Watching my sweet, funny, beautiful, gutsy stepdaughter AshLee grit her teeth and find that extra gear she needed to pull out a win in a very close 400 meter race at the state championships. And running down to the infield for hugs and pictures. And seeing that huge smile on her face as she was introduced as the new state champion:




And later, watching her come from behind in the anchor leg of the 4x400 relay to win her last high school race. And watching the sheer giddiness as she celebrated with her teammates. Yep, that's my ultimate bliss.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Yay AshLee! That's BlissList-worthy indeed!

Anonymous said...

Nik - well said! LUV ya - Nana