Mar 27, 2006

Not just another cute cat photo...



it's also a picture of yesterday's project. No, not cleaning up the messy sewing room, stop looking at that! I put the binding on that blue and white kitten tent/quilt.

I put this quilt together with blue/white Carry Nation blocks made as housewarming gifts by members of Washington State Internet Quilters and I finally took it to my friend Celia Balderee at Garden Gate Quilt Shop for longarm quilting. (By the way, if anyone is interested in owning a lovely little quilt shop here in Cheney, let me know - Celia has a new job with Checker Distributing and needs to sell the shop). Anyway, it's a lovely quilt and that's flannel backing so it's nice and cozy.

Yesterday's other projects were in the kitchen. I'm having a LOT of fun playing with my new Pampered Chef toys. Yesterday's menu was chicken pot pie and applesauce. Yummy. The chicken pot pie thing was kinda funny. I was reading this trashy novel last week and the lovely heroine was a cook. In a medieval kitchen. So she kept making these meat pies with "flaky golden crusts" and I kept thinking "yum" so I started flipping through recipe books and ended up taking bits from a couple of different recipes to make my own yummy chicken pie with a flaky golden crust. See, you can find inspiration anywhere. LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Pistol is so shy, this is about the only time I get to see him - what a cutie! The quilt is cute, too!

Elle said...

...But I can't help but to notice the super-cute kitty!!

Julaine said...

Yummy and...meow!!!