Feb 20, 2006

Kiwi Laguna revisited

  Posted by Picasa

This is the piece Anna asked me to enlarge to enter in the quilt show in April. It used to stop at the blue/green stripes at the bottom and the blue strip with the flowers on the left.

It was a bit of a challenge to add to it in a way that "blended" and "fit" with what was already there. I was willing to take on that challenge because a)this piece grew organically from the original painted/stamped square at the top right so it seemed natural for it to grow a bit more and b)I've been rethinking some of my "finished" tops anyway, toying with the idea that both some borderish work and a larger size would add to their impact. Whew, how's that for a run-on sentence?

I'm calling this Kiwi Laguna because those are the color names on the el-cheapo bottles of craft paint that inspired the original painted/stamped square that was the beginning of this piece.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Love it. And I think the title is very clever! Did you applique that flower panel? Everything works so well together. Great job.