Feb 19, 2006

Kindred Spirits and Pampered Chefs

Caity left a comment on my post about Sew Uniquely You about finding Kindred Spirits as Anne of Green Gables did. Yes, that's EXACTLY how I felt and that's even the term I'd been using in my head. Because I love Anne-with-an-E Shirley and I've read all the Green Gables books too many times to count. Anyway, it turns out my own kindred sewing spirits, in addition to sewing at the shop whenever they can, get together one Thursday evening a month to share their work and eat snacks and have a little demo to learn something new.

So, I went to the shop Thursday after work and met some more of the kindred spirits. We showed and talked about work-in-progress, including mine and Anna showed us how to cut up beer cans and sew them on quilts for pretty little metal embellishments. And there were deviled eggs. I love deviled eggs but I never get them because my family doesn't like eggs. It was an excellent way to spend an evening, even without the deviled eggs. The deviled eggs were frosting on the cake.

Friday MIL and SIL arrived from Coulee Dam and we had a yummy Artist Cafe dinner and stayed up until 3 a.m. visiting. Everyone was rather shocked that I stayed up so late as I'm usually out cold by 10. Nevertheless, I popped out of bed at 7 and finished sprucing up the house for the Pampered Chef party.

My excellent Pampered Chef consultant and sister-in-law Kasey is just getting started doing PC and I agreed to host a party so she could "practice". As if she needed practice? She was great! I was having so much fun being the hostess-with-the-mostest that I completely forgot to take pictures of Kasey doing her thing. You will have to take my word for it that she was funny and informative and my guests all loved her and she made some YUMMY FOOD. And she sold a whole pile of stuff, so I get to pick out a whole 'nother pile of stuff as my hostess reward. And I had all this fun for the mere price of cleaning my house?

OK, more about the food. She made Crostini Caprese which turned out to be yummy little bites of pesto and tomato and basil and melted mozzarella on top of toasted french bread. Yummy. A little bit later, I whipped up a few more with some smoked turkey and chopped olives added in. Did I mention yummy? And then Kasey made some little puffs by rolling together crescent roll dough, cream cheese mixed with garlic and more of the smoked turkey. OHMIGOSH YUMMY. I was kinda glad she waited until most of the guests left before making the puffs because that meant I got to eat them all instead of being a polite hostess and sharing them with my guests.

And now the house is clean and I still have two days off. It looks like I'll be forced to sew. Darn. Hee hee. I might have to run to the store to get more ingredients for puffs first. Sewing requires sustenance right?

No comments: