Jul 8, 2012

Makings of a summer


It's been a busy summer so far. Busy and glorious. My biggest creative project has been making these wedding invitations for my friend Jen.


I'm bubbling over with ideas but struggling to find time. I could whine about all the things that are taking up my time, but I'm trying to shift my mindset, thinking about changing my relationship with time. So far, I've discovered that a big part of my time problem is focus. There are so many things I want to do that I get scattered and distracted and I fail to use my time in a focused way. Friday night I decided to change that and I spent the evening starting and finishing this little bag. There are a lot more cute bag ideas where this one came from if I can just carve out more small blocks of time and devote them to one project at a time.



Of course, the need for focus applies to other activities as well. One of the things I really want in my summer is time spent swimming and soaking up the sun. That was my focus on the 4th of July! I'm happy to say I've already been to the lake twice and yesterday I went rafting on the Spokane River. It was amazing!


I also had lemonade and a mini blackberry pie from this best-ever lemonade stand a few blocks from home.  These guys were awesome. They even had sprigs of lavender and raspberry canes for sale.


And this weekend, Mom was feeling so much better that she and I went up to the Moran Prairie Strawberry Festival and enjoyed strawberry shortcake and some yummy vintage/craft shopping!

What are the makings of your amazing summer?

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

beautiful toesies:)
love the way you think,
Jennifer