May 22, 2008

Boise for the weekend


Mom and I went to Boise for the weekend to watch AshLee compete in the Western Athletic Conference Track and Field Championships. The lovely AshLee, pictured here in blue, ran a personal best in the 400 and helped earn points for her team in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays. The fine young women from Idaho took 2nd place overall!

When we weren't at the track meet, we managed to stay busy shopping. And then we went shopping. We finished things off with more shopping. My excellent friend Sarah introduced us to the wonders of anthropologie, Urban Outfitters and Sephora, all of which are sadly lacking in Spokane. Upon further reflection, I think it's best that there is no anthropologie in this area. If there were I might pack up my little cat and move in there (yes, I know they have a website, but it's not the same). Oh yeah, and then there was the shoe section at Dillards. Oh my goodness.

So now, having fully indulged in a weekend of fun out in the world, I'm ready for a nice quiet weekend at home with my little cat. Kelly Rae Roberts posted on her blog the other day about how she's always been on the cusp of being an extrovert/introvert. And I thought "Yes, exactly!" I love hanging out with family and friends, but my only-child-self also craves time at home alone. I adore puttering around the house, staying in my pjs all day, baking or sewing or reading or napping, just me and Pistol. With that in mind here's my to-do list for this weekend:

Read blogs
Read books
Make stuff
Take naps
Take a walk
Theoretically, I suppose I might do some cleaning. Lord knows, the house could use it.

I think that should make for a very full weekend.

6 comments:

Cheryl Connell said...

Nikki,
Yes I have the same "problem" since I am an only child and I love being alone too. Most people just dont get it!
Have a good weekend and it sounds great. Don't strain yourself with that cleaning :)

Cheryl

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Congrats on that 2nd place. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Your list looks a lot like mine. Except I probably won't make stuff. Still catching up on things I recorded while on vacation. Add write some e-mails and pay the bills to that list of mine! Enjoy your naps...

Anonymous said...

You ladies all look so gorgeous! I especially loved seeing a picture of Sarah - it's been so long. And why am I not surprised that she knows all the fabulous shoping destinations. Our girl is a great shopper!!! I'm glad you got to go and have fun. Tell Sarah I said "hi" when you talk to her - she looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! Wow. You guys do look totally HOT! Okay so, come on down to Seattle and get you some antropologie, Sephora, Urban - are you kidding me, heaven absolute shopping HEAVEN!! So when you come visit shopping is on the to-do list.

Congrads to AshLee! The 400 was my race - I once broke a 57 sec but I was much better in the 800, it was the long lean legs. Yay for Track and Field!
Good show, AshLee.

Lisa MB said...

I second Amy Lee's comment about the shopping: we'll hook you up! Wow, you'd have been the perfect roomie: I'd be puttering happily alongside you when I wasn't sleeping. Come to think of it, those are basically the things I spent all my free time doing when I was in Spokane. Except blogs weren't as big as they are now...