Aug 5, 2007

Moved!

I'm not really a bad blogger, I'm just a girl in the middle of moving house. Pistol and I are finally here with most of our stuff in our new place. I decided to rent for a year and take my time looking for the bright, funky cottage.

So here's a partial list of what I did yesterday, my first full day in the new place:

Went grocery shopping for the essentials (milk, juice, butter, ice cream, hmm, sensing a dairy theme here...I bought cheese too...)

Arranged the living room furniture

Went to the farmers market (corn, lettuce, blueberries, huckleberries, peaches, etc.)

Unpacked some books

Had Amir the cable guy in to set up the tv and explain how to set up the internet ($30 if they just give you the stuff and explain it vs. $100 if they actually set it up)

Scrounged through the kitchen boxes to find what I needed to make a yummy salad (romaine, huckleberries, gorgonzola, fresh garlic, balsamic and olive oil)

Took a nap

Drove to Cheney to get essentials that didn't make it on the first trip (computer keyboard, mouse and cords, grandma's antique bowl, the new Harry Potter, jeans and tank tops, adorable Steve Madden shoes, etc.)

Set up the computer and internet.

Took a walk, met several local squirrels. The new surroundings are really beautiful. I just wanted to amble along and absorb things yesterday, so I left the camera at home, but I'll take pictures soon.

So here's what I'm considering doing today:

Unpack more stuff

or

Read, sew, catch up on blogs.

Hmm, wonder which will happen?

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Congrats! You're doing great...I didn't get my computer unpacked and hooked up to the internet for over a week. No one could figure out how I could stand it - well, having already been without for a couple of weeks during the drive out, etc., another week didn't seem like much with all the other stuff to do.

And to even THINK about sewing on day two? It was several months before I got set up enough to sew a stitch.

Looking forward to pics of your new neighborhood. Keep building in time for those daily walks - they can be life savers!